Monday, June 20, 2011

Lions Head

View of Table Mountain from near the bottom of Lion's Head

I climbed Lion’s head with Jameelah, Martinez and Brian last Friday,  but I was so excited to post Sharkey Pix that I didn’t put these up last week. Just an FYI, this week will probably be rather boring as I am trying to finish my law review write-on . . . Don’t worry Mom, I will still be alive, just doing school stuff.
The Crew that made it to the top  - Martinez, Jameelah, Brian and Myself
Channeling my inner Karate Kid at the top

About 2/3 of the way up, looking back at the City Ceter

View of the City Center, Signal Hill is on the Left.
View of Seapoint from hte top
I found a cupcake shop just 2 blocks from the hotel... I have to walk by it to get to the internet cafe! I am very proud of myself, I have only splurged once, and I shared half of it with Jameelah. They only have vanilla and choclate but for $2 I am happy!

Out with Tommy ( my buddy from MU who is here with the Mizzu program) prior to staying up until 3AM to watch Game 7 of the Stanley Cup. This was right after a shot of flaming absenth, apparently you cant get Jmo, or Jose unless you buy the whole bottle. SO the batender decided that Absenth, topped of with Tequilla, then lit on fire was just what we needed. FYI, if you are ever served a flaming shot, take it with a straw, it does not simply go out if you try to drink it.