Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Home Sweet Home


I am checked in at the fabulous apartment, my roommates have yet to arrive, and I have yet to get the courage to knock on other people’s doors to see if they want to walk to get lunch or go to the market and fill the fridge (maybe I should wait for my roommates for that?). My unit has 3 bedrooms, the other two are shared by two people each – Cicile & Chanel / Gabriella and Jameelah. The place is great, and I am so glad I have a single room as it is huge, with my own personal bathroom and balcony. The only thing missing is a TV, which I suppose means I will need to go and be social at some point There are 38 students in the program, 16 of which are from Howard, 1 from Hofstra, 1 from John Marshall, 7  from Ava Maria Law School (no clue?), 1 from Hamline, 5 from Cooley, 2 from George Washington, 1 from UCLA, and 1 from Chicago Kent.*yes, I stalked the program participant directory – don’t judge y0ou would have done the same.  It should be an interesting experience, to say the least! Wiat for it, I just looked up and saw a TV in my room… Wahhooooo. I mean, I’m still going to be social and all but that’s nice right.
Here are some pictures of the unit and our views:
My Room:

Another view of my room; the balcony is in the far right corner

My private balcony

The kitchen

The view of our living room/Dining room

The view out of hte community balcony,  off of the living room

The community balcony, off of the living room

The view from my private balcony -I need to figure out what this mountain is...

My super sweet bathroom-ididnt even bother showing you what the others have :)
The other room - granted its all nice, but this is hte best $550 I have ever spent!